4th of July Guide: Recipes & Grilling Safety Tips
Over the holiday weekend, you might find yourself hosting a backyard barbecue. If you are sick of the same old barbecue recipes, we have good news! You can mix it up with fresh and fun tex mex burgers.
So you can enjoy your holiday, here are a few grilling safety tips and one of our favorite 4th of July recipes.
Before you get grilling, remember to:
- Clean your grill grates so fat and grease do not cause flare-ups.
- Check your grill for leaks.
- Move your grill at least 10 feet away from your house and anything else flammable.
- Keep a working fire extinguisher nearby.
Now you are ready to set to work on those tex mex burgers. To make them, you will need:
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/3 pounds of ground beef sirloin
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup of white onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- Olive oil
- 4 slices of pepperjack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 leaves of lettuce
- 4 slices of tomato
Preheat your grill to medium high. While it is heating, combine the mayonnaise and one teaspoon of Cajun seasoning in a small bowl. Set it aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground sirloin, jalapeno, onion, garlic, remaining Cajun seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce. Diving into four balls, then flatten them into patties.
Lightly oil your grill and place the patties on it. Cook them for around 5 minutes on each side, or until well done. During the last two minutes of cooking, top each patty with cheese. Meanwhile, spread the buns with the Cajun mayo.
Serve each patty on the buns topped with lettuce and tomato. Enjoy!
We hope everyone has a safe, healthy, and fun 4th of July! To gain independence from worry this Independence Day, contact 01 Insurance for all of your New York Insurance needs. Serving Astoria and the surrounding area, we are here to protect you.