Cleaning and disinfecting for households.
While there is still a lot to learn about the coronavirus, one thing is certain – following standard hygiene practices can help prevent the spread of the virus. Hence, it is essential to disinfect your home and belongings as often as you can.
The following tips can help you in fighting against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Home Cleaning Tips
- Wear disposable gloves while cleaning and disinfecting your home and belongings.
- Clean surfaces with soap and water to remove any dirt and debris before disinfecting them. EPA-approved disinfectants include brands like Lysol, Purell, and Clorox that contain isopropyl alcohol and hydrogen peroxide.
- You must target “high-touch areas” in particular. These include handles, doorknobs, light switches, steering wheels, counters, table surfaces, etc.
- Disinfect your phone, tablets, computer, and other electronic devices as per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Use regular laundry soap or detergent to wash your clothes.
- Wash your clothes in the warmest temperature water. If using a washing machine, wash your clothes at the warmest water setting and dry them at a higher temperature.
- If possible, store your dirty laundry in disposable laundry bags.
- Wash fruits and vegetables only in water.
- If you use a reusable grocery bag, wash it at least once a week in warm water.
- Follow safe practices while handling and preparing food.
Cleaning Mail and Packages
- Place your mail, packages, and food delivery bags near the sink rather than placing them over high-touch areas.
- Discard all the boxes, bags, and packaging in the trash.
Most importantly maintain personal hygiene and wash your hands frequently. Remember to follow these home cleaning tips diligently. Keep it simple and stay persistent.
Looking for a proper insurance plan during the pandemic? Contact 01 Insurance for all your insurance needs.