The importance of electrical maintenance and safety in your home.
While electricity plays a major role in everyday life, it’s important to remember just how dangerous and volatile this element can be. Because electricity is such a key component in homes, it’s important that homeowners carefully manage their electrical systems to ensure that major damage and serious injury do not occur. Here are some of the steps that you should take for electrical maintenance and safety in your home.
- Keep your home’s electrical panels clear of dust and dirt build-up.
- Do not keep flammable items within three feet of electrical panels.
- Keep panels dry and away from potential sources of water to avoid malfunction and potential sparking.
- Wipe down panels with lint-free rags and solvents as necessary.
- Take steps to minimize heat build-up in rooms with electrical panels. This could mean running a fan, cracking a window, and leaving the air conditioning running.
- Regularly inspect panels for signs of corrosion, loose wires, breakers, and signs of excess heat.
- Have your home’s electrical panels and systems inspected by professionals. If you suspect that your home’s electrical panels or system is malfunctioning or damaged, call in an expert as soon as possible to assess the situation.
These are some of the steps that you should take for electrical maintenance and safety in your home. Want another way to keep your home safe? Then make sure you have the right homeowners insurance protection in place. For assistance with all your home coverage needs, contact the experts at 01 Insurance in Astoria, New York today.