The seasonal change from winter to spring is a festive occasion for many people. Perhaps this is a time of celebration for you as well. If you are planning to celebrate the change in weather with a special dinner or party, an old-fashioned lemon pound cake would be a welcome addition! The dessert is known for its appealing lemon glaze and golden exterior.
In a few steps, you can make this dish and add it to your festivities!
The ingredients are the key to making a perfect old-fashioned lemon pound cake. You want to make sure that your pound cake has that signature golden coating and tart flavor.
- Add 10 teaspoons of melted butter.
- Add 3 egg yolks and 1 cup of granulated sugar. This will help ensure that the loaves are properly baked.
- Add 1/2 cup of lemon zest. Lemon zest is important because it ensures that the cake will have its signature flavor.
- Add 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour, baking soda, and powder to ensure that the cake has the perfect rise and texture.
- Add 1/2 cup of buttermilk to add softness and moisture to the cake.
- Next, add a little bit of Lemon juice. Lemon juice and lemon extract are very important parts of the French lemon pound cake recipe. The extract, in particular, helps ensure that you will enjoy a delicious lemon flavor.
Adding all of these ingredients will help you create the best old-fashioned lemon pound cake.
Once it’s baked, you’ll experience the dense texture and crisp crust thanks to the buttermilk and eggs.
Once the cake comes out of the oven, let it cool for about 15 minutes. Once you remove the cake from the pan, pour the glaze over the cake until it has a drizzling effect. Give the cake another few minutes to cool. At this point, you can slice the pieces and enjoy your delicious treat.
Storing the Cake
Once the glaze is firmly added to the cake, place a covering over it and either put it in the refrigerator or let it sit out at room temperature. The frozen cake can be enjoyed for several months. Make sure that you place the pound cake in aluminum foil and then an appropriate freezer bag. On the night before you plan to serve the cake, allow it to thaw overnight.
Additional Things to Consider
Make sure that you use premium butter to ensure that the cakes are fluffy enough. You also need to use all of the ingredients at room temperature. Avoid adding too much flour as it will cause the pound cake to become dense and rough.
Baking an old-fashioned lemon pound cake will not only help satisfy your cravings but also serves as a tasty treat for you and your loved ones to enjoy. It is the perfect dessert to top off a special dinner or celebration. For assistance with all your coverage needs, contact the experts at 01 Insurance. We are available to help you even during the pandemic