Learn what cleaning and maintenance tasks you should complete around your home this spring.
Now that spring is finally here, it’s time to take care of the maintenance tasks that you neglected during the winter months. While having the right home insurance in Astoria, New York is one way to protect your home, completing general upkeep and making these repairs can help you keep your home safe. Here are some of the tasks you should take care of this spring.
1) Inspect your roof and check for damaged or missing roof shingles. Nasty winter weather can wreak havoc on your home’s roof. To prevent damage from becoming more extensive, you should have repairs handled by a licensed roofing professional.
2) You should also replace any rotten siding or trim on your home. If you home has wood siding, then look for signs of warping or water damage. If you home is made of brick or stucco, then look for crumbling or deteriorating mortar. If notice these damages, then call in a professional to handle repairs.
3) You should also clear away the debris that has accumulated in your gutters and downspouts during the winter months. This will ensure that your gutters to not becomes clogged when faced with spring showers.
1) To prepare for the warm weather ahead, you should make sure that your home’s air conditioner is ready to use. By replacing your ac filters this spring, you will help improve your air conditioner’s efficiency and functionality.
2) You should also replace any torn or damaged window screens this spring. This way you can keep your windows open and get fresh air without having to deal with pesky flies inside your home.
These are some of the home maintenance tasks that you should take care of this spring. Do you want another way to care for your home? Then make sure you have the right home insurance in Astoria, New York. To find the right policy to meet your needs, contact the team at 01 Insurance. We are ready to get you the coverage you need today.