How sweet! Today is International Chocolate Day!
Did you know that September 13th is considered International Chocolate Day? The National Confectioners Association claims this special day to coincide with the birthday of Milton S. Hershey, founder of the Hershey Chocolate Company. Want a fun way to celebrate today? Then whip up this sweet, chocolatey recipe that your family is sure to love.
- 3 3/4 cups cold heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 packages Oreo Thins
- chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Make chocolate whipped cream: In a large bowl using a hand mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer using the whisk attachment), beat 3 cups heavy cream, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla until medium peaks form.
- Make ganache: Place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan over low heat, heat remaining 3/4 cups heavy cream until it bubbles. Pour cream over chocolate chips and let sit 2 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
- Assemble lasagna: In a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish, spread a thin layer of chocolate whipped cream. Add a layer of Oreo Thins, then top with a layer of chocolate whipped cream. Drizzle over a layer of ganache and spread to make an even layer. Repeat until all ingredients are used up.
- Refrigerate 5 hours and up to overnight. (Refrigerate remaining ganache and reheat in microwave when ready to drizzle.)
- Garnish with chocolate shavings, drizzle with remaining ganache, and serve.
This delicious dessert is the perfect way to celebrate International Chocolate Day! Do you need assistance with your insurance this September? Then don’t hesitate to contact the experts at 01 Insurance in Astoria, New York. Our dedicated team is ready to get you covered today.