Make dinner time easier this week with this crock pot recipe for turkey taco chili.
During the holiday season, life gets busier than ever. If you’re concerned about the strain the coming hectic time will put on your schedule, we can help!
With crock pot recipes, you not only get easy dinners that require very little hands-on time, you also get hearty, warming meals that are perfect for this chilly time of year. Speaking of chilly… here’s a great crock pot pick for turkey taco chili that will take just 15 minutes to prepare! To make it, you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 pounds of lean ground turkey
- 2 15-ounce cans of tomato sauce
- 2 14-ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can of rinsed and drained light red kidney beans
- 1 15-ounce can of rinsed and drained dark red kidney beans
- 1 15-ounce can of rinsed and drained black beans
- 1 15-ounce can of corn
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 diced medium red onion
- 1 4-ounce can of chopped green chiles
- 1 cup of beer (you can substitute for chicken broth)
- ¼ cup (1 packet) of taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
In a large pan, heat the oil over medium-high. Cook the turkey in the pan until browned and crumbling (about seven minutes). Drain the fat and pour the cooked turkey into your slow cooker.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir. Cook on low for 6-8 hours (or high for 3-4). Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, tortilla strips, sour cream, green onions, and your favorite other taco toppings. Enjoy!
Let us know what you think of this recipe in the comments!
For all of your insurance needs in Astoria and throughout New York, contact 01 Insurance today.