Keep your resolutions with this satisfying yet healthy dinner recipe.
Was one of your resolutions to get healthy? Then make sure you start off the year strong! Whip up this tasty, satisfying, and healthy dinner recipe to please the whole family.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large zucchini, diced
- 2 large ears of corn, kernels removed
- 3/4 cup red grape tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3/4 cup yellow grape tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 to 18 fresh basil leaves, cut in chiffonade
- Parmesan shavings
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and garlic, then saute until the shrimp are opaque, about 3 minutes. Remove the shrimp.
- Increase the heat to high, then throw in the zucchini. Stir it around for about 45 seconds, then scoot the zucchini to the edges of the pan. Throw in the corn and cook it for a minute, then push it to the edges of the pan. Throw in the grape tomatoes, stir them around for a minute, then sprinkle on some salt and pepper to taste.
- Then throw the shrimp back in. Stir everything around for about 45 seconds, or until it’s all combined and hot. Then pour it onto a big platter.
- Sprinkle on the fresh basil and some Parmesan shavings then squeeze the lemon all over the top.
- Serve with brown rice or on its own.
Not only is this healthy dinner recipe packed with colourful veggies and lean protein, but it’s delicious as well! This year, make sure you have all the insurance protection you need. To find the right policies for you, contact the experts at 01 Insurance. Our dedicated team is ready to get you covered today.