It’s finally football season! Get back in the game with this delicious tailgating recipe.
When September hits, it’s time to get your tailgate on! Even if you don’t tailgate, celebrate the first game of the season with some delicious eats. Round up your buddies, grab a drink, and get ready to ring in football season with this fun and easy tailgating recipe.
Field Goal Guacamole and Touchdown Tortilla Chips
For the Guacamole
2 roma tomatoes
1/2 red onion
1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
1 bunch cilantro (roughly chopped)
1 lime (juiced)
1 jalapeño (seeded and finely chopped)
- Seed the tomatoes and dice them. Dice the onion into slightly smaller pieces than the tomato. Set aside.
- Remove the pits and mash the avocados. Add the lime juice to help break down the avocado and make it smooth.
- Mix tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro, and jalapeño into the avocado mash. Add salt, pepper, and cumin to taste.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to marry.
- Serve in a chilled bowl and garnish with lime wedges and cilantro leaves.
For the Chips
Premade corn tortillas
Oil for frying (vegetable oil recommended)
1 Tbsp. Seasoned salt
1/2 tsp Cumin
¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Fill a pot or skillet with high sides about halfway with oil. Turn the burner to medium heat and wait until the oil reaches a temperature of 350°F.
- While the oil is heating, cut the tortillas into triangles and mix the salt and spices together.
- Fry the chips until golden brown, make sure not too add too many chips at a time. This could drop the temperature of the oil and make for soggy chips.
- Place chips onto a paper towel-lined tray to drain, and sprinkle on spice mixture while the chips are still hot.
- Serve alongside guacamole.
Try out this a delicious tailgating recipe and remember to stay safe this football season!
Contact our knowledgeable team at 01 Insurance in Astoria, New York for all of your personal and business insurance coverage needs.