This healthy dinner recipe will help the whole family eat better.
If you have resolved to eat healthier this year, then you may be on the hunt for delicious, easy, and nutritious recipes. If you want to whip up something that the whole family will love, then give this healthy dinner recipe a try.
Baked Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce
(for the salmon)
- 1 ½ pounds salmon
- kosher salt
- black pepper
(for the chimichurri)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems, tightly packed (about 1 large bunch)
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves and tender stems, tightly packed (about 1 large bunch)
- 2 green onions (tops only)
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Generously sprinkle the salmon with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. Place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the salmon for about 10 minutes until flaky and just cooked; test it with a fork to assess doneness. Watch the salmon to make sure not to overcook; the timing can vary based on the thickness of the salmon and variations between ovens.
- Meanwhile, make the chimichurri: Slice off the tops of the green onions. In a blender, blend all ingredients until a smooth sauce forms (if necessary, stop and mix the ingredients to allow them to blend fully).
- To serve, drizzle the salmon with chimichurri.
This quick, delicious, and healthy dinner recipe is sure to impress this new year. Are you looking for assistance with your insurance this year? If so, then contact the experts at 01 Insurance in Astoria, New York. Our dedicated team is eager to assist you with all your coverage needs today.