Memorial Day Recipes For The Perfect Holiday BBQ
To kick off any amazing BBQ, you need a delicious chili recipe. To ensure that your Memorial Day BBQ is amazing and leaves everyone begging to pass the torch on to you year after year, we recommend fixing up this delicious Memorial Day chili recipe!
Homemade Slow Cooker Memorial Day Chili Recipe
What you will need:
- 3 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- 2 Medium Yellow Onions
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- ¼ Cup of Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Ground Cumin
- 2 Pounds of Lean Ground Beef
- 1 ½ Teaspoon of Kosher Salt
- 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can of Tomato Sauce
- 2 Cans of Kidney Beans, Drained & Rinsed
- ¼ Cup of Chopped Pickled Jalapenos
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese for Topping
- Thinly Sliced Scallions for Topping
- Sour Cream for Topping
How to prepare:
- Start by heating the vegetable oil in a frying pan until it begins to simmer. Then, add the bell pepper, onions, and salt to the frying pan until everything begins to soften. This should take about 8 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, garlic, and cumin, and stir the mixture until the veggies are coated and the aromas begin to flow. Add the beef and salt and continue cooking. Break the meat with your wooden spoon until fully cooked. This should take about 7 minutes.
- Next, transfer the concoction to your slow cooker and add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and beans. Stir the mixture before covering and cooking until the chili thickens. This should take 8 hours on low or 6 hours on high.
- Add the jalapenos and season as needed. Top with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and scallions. Serve and enjoy!
Happy Memorial Day! We hope you enjoy this delicious Memorial Day Chili Recipe! Contact 01 Insurance in Astoria for all of your New York insurance needs.