Getting Your Home In Its Best Shape
Spring is a favorite time of year for many homeowners. As the winter weather clears away, we get the opportunity to throw open our windows and let in the fresh air. When you break out your cleaning supplies to tackle your spring cleaning, consider breaking out your toolbox, too. Here are some tips for taking on your spring home maintenance.
- Clear out your gutters and downspouts. It is a good idea to detach them at the elbow (where they meet) and clear out any debris that has built up there. Make sure all of your downspouts are facing away from your home and set on a slope that pours away from your foundation.
- Check the trim around your windows and doors. If you notice any gaps, repair them now before spring showers have a chance to do damage to your home.
- Clean out the exhaust hose and vent of your dryer. It may seem like a hassle to move out your dryer and disconnect the hose at both ends to vacuum it, but lint buildup in this area regularly causes house fires.
- Trim the trees and shrubs around your house. Make sure that no branches are hanging over your home or utility wires. Properly dispose of trimmed branches and dead foliage.
- Check your deck, patio, and/or balcony for any loose railings or floorboards. If you find any issues, repair them right away to avoid a serious outdoor injury. Also, inspect those areas for signs of rot.
You put a lot of effort into maintaining your home. Does your homeowner’s insurance coverage reflect that? For the best protection for your home at the most competitive price, contact 01 Insurance in Astoria, New York. We know how hard you work to make your home the best it can be, so we believe your coverage should be its best, too.