Serve up this perfect summer party recipe to make your bash a huge success!
Are you hosting a party in the near future? Then it’s important that you think about the food that you will serve all your guests. If you want a showstopping dish that’s sure to impress, then try whipping up this elegant spinach and cheese flatbread. This perfect summer party recipe is sure to make your gathering the talk of the town.
Spinach and Cheese Flatbread
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/4-ounce packet active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 3/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 cups grated gouda or fontina cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- Pinch of sea salt or kosher salt
- Combine 1 cup warm water (110° F), the sugar and yeast in a large bowl. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, the flour and fine salt; stir to form a sticky dough. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth, about 10 minutes, dusting with flour.
- Brush a large bowl with olive oil; add the dough, loosely cover with plastic wrap and set aside until doubled in size, about 1 hour, 30 minutes.
- Brush a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil. Stretch the dough on the baking sheet. Cover with a towel; set aside until doubled, 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 475° F. Scatter the cheese, bell pepper and scallion whites over the dough. Bake until the crust is golden, 15 to 18 minutes. Toss the spinach and scallion greens with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and the sea salt. Sprinkle over the flatbread; bake 2 more minutes.
This perfect summer party recipe is sure to be a tasty addition to your menu. Are you looking for assistance with your personal insurance this summer? If so, then don’t hesitate to contact the experts at 01 Insurance in Astoria, New York. Our dedicated team is ready to get you the coverage that you need today.