Coping with anxiety during the pandemic.
The fear and uncertainty about the COVID-19 outbreak can take a toll on your mental health. With countries resorting to social distancing and lockdowns to contain the pandemic, the isolation can get even more stressful, resulting in severe anxiety. The feeling of dread and panic can aggravate the situation.
Tips to Manage Your Anxiety During the Coronavirus Outbreak
Here’s how you can manage your anxiety during this COVID-19 outbreak:
- Accept anxiety as your body’s natural response that helps you prepare, handle stress, and be safe. Acknowledging anxiety rather than deflecting it will help you manage it better during this hour of need.
- Read the news, stay informed, and get the whole picture. However, do not obsessively check for updates. Try to limit your media consumption. Furthermore, look for resources to help recover from such a situation rather than checking on statistics. Most importantly, stick to reliable and trustworthy sources like CDC, ADA, and WHO, etc.
- Thinking about things beyond your control can only make you feel drained, overwhelmed, and anxious. Instead, focus on things that you can control. For instance, wash your hands, stay at home, maintain social distancing, etc.
- Even though you may be physically disconnected from people, try to reach out to your friends and family online.
- Practice self-care. Whether it is getting enough rest, cooking your meals, meditating, or exercising – there are several ways to feel better. Draft a schedule and stick to it to keep your life on track.
- Finally, remember to take breaks. If you feel more anxious and worried, step back and take a break. Your mind and body will thank you for this.
These tips are highly effective in managing anxiety during coronavirus. While you tend to your mental health, let us take care of your insurance policies. Contact the trustworthy team at 01 Insurance for all your insurance needs in Astoria, New York and beyond.